Looking after the world
Look closely at the photos. What do you notice about each photo?
1. What happens if nobody looks after a garden?
2. Read these words from Genesis in the Bible.
"So God created human beings in his image. In the image of God he created them. He created them male and female. 28 God blessed them and said, “Have many children and grow in number. Fill the earth and be its master. Rule over the fish in the sea and over the birds in the sky. Rule over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
3. What does it mean for people to 'fill the earth and be its master' ?
4. How can people rule the fish, the birds, and the animals?
5. Read these words from the Bible...
"The Lord God put the man in the garden of Eden to care for it and work it."
6. What did God want the man and the woman to do with the Garden of Eden?
Looking after God's creation was only one of the things God wanted people to do. God also wanted people to be friends with him and also with other people.