THE LORD THE SHEPHERD ( International Children's Bible) Biblegateway.com
A song of David.
23 The Lord is my shepherd.
I have everything I need.
2 He gives me rest in green pastures.
He leads me to calm water.
3 He gives me new strength.
For the good of his name,
he leads me on paths that are right.
4 Even if I walk
through a very dark valley,
I will not be afraid
because you are with me.
Your rod and your shepherd’s staff comfort me.
5 You prepare a meal for me
in front of my enemies.
You pour oil of blessing on my head.
You give me more than I can hold.
6 Surely your goodness and love will be with me
all my life.
And I will live in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalm 23 Questions
1) What part of this Psalm-poem do you like? Please explain why.
2) Have you ever lain down on green grass or in a field? What do you think it would feel like?
3) Is there a part of the Psalm that scares you? Why?
4) Is there a part that you find comforting? Why?
5) What do you think David thought God was like?
6) What do you think God is like?
7) Why do you think it is sometimes hard to describe who God is?
8) Why do you think people have different ideas about who God is and what he does?
8) Choose one of the following to respond...
a. On an A4 sheet of paper draw or write your own impression or feelings about what you think God is like.
b. Create a 'Powerpoint' slideshow (3-5 slides) of what you think God is like.
Download- Write my own version of Psalm 23